From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

C-Run


That was the most craptacular run. I had such high hopes! I guess the hacking in the car should have clued me in to how difficult this run was to be. Or not be.
I had no lungs whatsoever :( I was wheezing too much, and not allowed to use an inhaler anymore (it can send me into Wenckebach) I didn't want to push it. So I walked until my heart rate dropped to below 150, then ran for about a minute and I was back at 170. Ya, I'm still sick.
So I turned around, walked to the last park bench, and listened to the DNTO podcast. I felt like an utter failure, watching everyone else able to run and not keel over. That day will come again, I just need to get better.
When Steve finished his 12km and was complaining his hamstring was really bothering him, I took it as my queue to suggest we go to the Market and stop at Lush. He bought the Marathon bubble bar, and I bought Big Blue (photo on the right). This will be consolation for the C-run.
And I will enjoy it.
I'll try my run again tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Mar 25, 2007, 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm sorry it went so badly for you. But it's best not to push these things when you're sick.

You'll get better. It only feels like forever.

 
At Mar 27, 2007, 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

I LOVE LUSH! They are one of my favourite places to stop at the mall, which says something, 'cause I don't like the mall much.

One year I bought everybody's Christmas presents there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home