From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Phew! Hell Week is Over

Boy I'm bagged! Last week was non-stop between work, studying and life in general. I had my midterm last night, it went well though I'm kicking myself for not fully studying binary. I thought high-level/historical was what was covered (I missed the first four classes) and it tuns out we covered calculations. I never figured out the formula (which is so easy it's painful), and naturally 2 questions (6 pts) were converting decimal to binary or binary to decimal. Sigh. Lesson learned. On the upside my labs have been perfect so far and they are worth 30%. I love my class and can't wait to begin the summer one!

Some other good news... I ran on Saturday! I was able to eek out 6/1 (picked up where I left off when I twisted my knee 3 weeks ago). I was really stiff and light headed, but I think it's because I had been running at lunch time, and Saturday I ran the minute I woke. Going to go back to lunchtime I think, or start getting up a lot earlier to get something light in me. I'm so excited that it went well, but sad that I'm this many weeks behind.

Some work stuff, we deployed our system upgrade, and there are some issues (of course). It's been a stressful couple of days working the bugs out. All the testing and none of these issues appeared. Go figure.

Lastly, I went for my blood work today. Man that glucose tolerance stuff is icky. I sat for two hours listening to podcasts on my iPod, then the alarm clock went off and it was time for my second blood test. Of course there were no veins in my left arm that would stand up, and my right arm was already bruised from the first 8 vials 2 hours prior, but it was the only vein that would show any life. So back in she went. I was so glad to get out of there.

From the lab I popped into my sister's. Her hubby is home and recovering. I was surprised to see him at the lab this morning, but he was at his doctor's in the same building and they wanted to say hi. Anyway, I went to their house to test my laptop, vpn and voip on their network. When my sister gets back to work (she is self-employed and works from home) and needs to be on the road (usually one day per week), I'll work from their house to keep her hubby company if he still needs support.

I almost forgot, I weighed myself on Saturday. After 3 weeks of no running, a tiny bit of walking and a full 7 days of eating out, I lost 3 lbs. My body hates me. Anyway, I've been consistently taking in 1200-1300 calories and hope to get as much off as I can in the next 6 weeks or it's bp meds for me. Grrr.

I've taken the night off and tried to catch up on email. I think I'll call it a night and check blogs tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Mar 13, 2007, 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Binary. Yuck. The idea of it is kind of cool, but in actual practice... just yuck.

 
At Mar 22, 2007, 9:01:00 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

hi there. just checking in. all things OK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home