From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Date Day

It's been ages since Steve and I had a date day! I don't know why, but we always fall off track. Steve had to go in to work for the morning, and I had homework to do, so that worked out well.

We went to the Home Show. What a huge let down! The top floor was carny hell, the basement not much better. I was glad when the other pavilions were somewhat better. On the upside, we got some great quotes for central air.

From here we went to Bushtukah. We wanted to look at the new bikes (Steve found his soul mate) and wanted to look at shorts and socks. We didn't end up buying anything, but we loved looking.

We then decided to get Chinese food, but on the way we'd stop at the Running Room. Steve tried on the Garmin 305, and I bought it for him for his birthday. It was more than I'd budgeted for (I was originally going to get him a new BBQ), but I'll take the extra $100 from my bonus. He's worth it. He's so excited! :) I also bought some running shorts (my rubbing thighs blew through my other two pairs, yet again... they're stitched up, yet again, but it's time for a new pair!), and got some socks.

We then went looking at glasses. Steve's benefits year end is in a couple of weeks and since we qualify for every two years, we want to get them on this year's plan. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything. I hate glasses shopping more than anything else.

We're going to run tomorrow by the canal (Steve is off). The weather is supposed to be springy, which I'll find surprising since we've been having white outs and blizzards all afternoon!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Mar 24, 2007, 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Date Day! I don't know why they become so infrequent. Time speeds up and life gets in the way, I guess.

I know you live in the Frozen North, but I still got a chuckle out of the idea of getting quotes for central air. Having lived in Texas 32 years now, a/c (especially of the central variety) is just so normal a part of life that whenever I'm visiting up north, I look around in mild amazement at the lack of air conditioners, and at what poor ones people have, where there are any at all.

Likewise, persons from up north probably wonder why we don't even know what home heating oil IS, let alone have any place to put it down here. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home