From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I must get back to this!

Wow, it's been busy.

First off, LOST is the best show ever. I wish it were on daily.

Some great stuff happened the past 10 days or so. While my company is laying off, we are still getting annual raises and bonuses. I'm thrilled with mine, I'm so lucky that I have a job I love.

I did ok on my midterm. I got caught on something that I missed in the first 4 weeks which was worth 12%. Boo :( But I'm ok with 82%. I'm still perfect on my labs and attendance (except for the weeks before I registered), so that's 40% of the grade at 100% right now! I'm really loving the class though, and can't wait to get on the next one in May.

I ran! My knee was a little wobbly, but last Wednesday Steve and I went for a great run by the canal. He did his thing, I did mine. I was going to try to pick it up a the 'next' week on the schedule, which was run 8 walk 1. And it was easy! Except my heart rate was 5-10 beats higher than it normally is for a run of late. I started to think maybe I really do have high bp. Then the next day I started to feel the cold. Correction. Sinus infection and bronchitis. Grrr. Friday-Monday were fever days (102F). I took Monday afternoon off work, and slept. Then went to class in the evening and at 8PM suddenly felt amazing! Fever broke. I've been feeling better and better since, except for the cough. It's a bad one, and my wheezing keeps me up at night and in the morning. But I'm getting better :) . Next year I won't miss my flu shot! This is my 3rd fever since Christmas! Lost 5 more pounds though. I'm sure it's not real loss, just fever/dehydration/lack of food!

Steve is doing great with Gotta Run. His segment was on a couple of weeks ago. If you're interested, click here. He's been interviewed in the local paper, great piece! I'm really impressed with him!

Off to read some blogs!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Mar 22, 2007, 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm sorry you've been sick, but it sounds like you're hanging in there with the class, and that's good. Enjoying it is the most important part, since that's time you could be doing something else.

Keep getting well-- spring is on its way!

 
At Mar 23, 2007, 8:57:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home