From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Darn it



I'd put it off as long as I could. Even though I saw my OBGYN in December, and all's well, and my BP is 125/80, which is high for me, but normal.

Today is the day I see Dr. K.. Every time I see him and he takes my BP, it's high. I get to the office and the first reading is 154/xx. GREAT. The next is 167/xx. I told him 'your machine is clearly broken'. He leaves the room, and the automatic arm crusher continues for 3 more rounds. The next two are 149/90, and the last 125/80. He says, 149/90 it is. Darn it!! I have 6 weeks to get it down to under 125/80 or it's pills time. CRAP. Oh well, I've beaten him before, I can do it again.

I refused to get on the scale. His nurse was LOVING me ;o) I see the numbers every day, I don't need him to make me feel worse about it.

Since it's been 2 years since my last bloodwork, we decided to do it again. I am the proud owner of a requisition for not only regular bloodwork, but glucose tolerance. It makes sense, I eat 1500 cals a day, and until the knee cardio of 45 mins 7 days a week. He says I should be losing. Well I'm not, and carrying it all in the belly. He thinks it's metabolic syndrome. He did give me a brochure when I told him I needed medical guidance to get this off (nutritionist, whatever), for a local bariatric clinic. It's very expensive (approx $1500), but you get the works, weekly bloodwork, nutritionists, trainers, etc. Unlimited support, checking in a few times a week, etc. I can't afford this right now, but what stood out was the calorie count... a minimum of 1200 a day for woman. Ok, so that's what I'm going to do. As a parting gift I was given not one, but TWO shots! Tetanus and Polio/Diphtheria/Whooping Cough. I felt like a little kid.

In other news, the week so far has been crazy, we're deploying an upgrade to our system this weekend and as always there are last minute fires to attend to. The rest of my time is spent getting ready for my midterm.

In the great news department, my brother in law is doing great! He was released from hospital today and will be treated as an outpatient. His speaking is very much improved, he answered the phone when I called :) Some of the words are coming out wrong still, and he's cheating every so often by repeating what I say, but that's ok. Every time we speak there's a huge improvement! Hurray :))) Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

If any of you are members of Twitter, or interested in Twitter, click here to get started. If you want to add me as a friend, my profile is http://twitter.com/unab. It's faster than a blog post sometimes :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Mar 9, 2007, 9:27:00 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

no better way to jack up your metabolism than by eating 1200 calories/day. don't ask me how I know. yes, it gets the weight off, but then you can't breathe in aromas from the kitchen next door without gaining. again, don't ask me how I know.

Which reminds me that I've got to schedule the follow-up with the nutritionist as soon as the new benefits packet arrives.

um, upgrade and midterm in the same week? better you than me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home