From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, February 09, 2007

This is harder than I thought

I have a long list of my 40 new things, and having a tough time crossing anything off!





Even though I haven't blogged about until now, I have added to my collection.





The first - in an effort to self-care, I made a small purchase while out with Steve shopping in the Byward Market a few weeks ago. Here they are:



I am definitely a product of the Sesame Street generation. I have always wanted a rubber duckie. So I now have 3. Last week I enjoyed my first ever community duck bath. And I loved it. It's very relaxing to watch them bob along in the bubbles.

The second - something I've wanted to do for a long time is become a member of Friends of the Gatineau Park, and a volunteer, if they need me. I love the Gatineaus, having lived in them from ages 9-18. I've visited the Park since we moved to this area when I was 3, it's where we'd picnic on Sunday's, and go skiing in the winter. Now it's where I trail run, bike, and hope to ski and snowshoe again. And some day, when we can afford it, we will buy a house at the foot of it.

And now the school report - spoke with the prof, bought the books, got the assignments. I have a lot of catching up to do by Monday. Sorry I'm late... um... 5 weeks late... Better get back to it!

Lastly, thanks to all who sent well wishes backchannel on my whiney work post yesterday, and for forwarding kudos to Steve.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Feb 9, 2007, 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I love the rubber ducks! I've always wanted one, too. I don't know why I don't just go on and buy one...

 
At Feb 10, 2007, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You've got a lot on your plate girlie! Go get em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home