From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm tired now

It was a great day today. I got to bed way too late last night after homeworking until midnight. I had every intention to drive Steve to work and nab the car, but I couldn't face 6:30AM. Next thing I knew it was 8:45!!


I knew Steve was taking a short day today, after not having a day off this week, so Katie and I had a large breafast. Steve was home at 1:30, and by 2 we were out the door on our way to the canal for a run. I haven't run outside in a few weeks, my winter running clothes not fitting and too cold to not dress for it. Today was -7C/20F, but with the wind, and there was some serious wind, it felt like -15C/5F. Which would be ok if I was dressed appropriately. But I wasn't. I was FREEZING. It was the crappiest of runs, I could barely run the 5/1, on the way back opting for 3/1 or 2/1. I have no idea why, but my tummy felt like rock. It was very painful and the main reason I bailed on my 5/1. Anyway, these runs happen.


After a quick shower, some lunch and my hair dried, we bundled up and went to Winterlude. We knew parking would be a bear, so opted to park 1km away. After my crappy run, I needed the distance anyway! We walked around and took in the ice sculptures. Below, some of our favorites:






And one of us:


All 28 shots can be found here.
Tomorrow starts with a memorial mass for Mom and Dad, then my nephew's hockey tournament.
Off to bed!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Feb 11, 2007, 2:36:00 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You brave soul! I wouldn't even think about running in such cold, but I've lived most my life in the subtropics, so my perception is a bit skewed.

I love the ice pics!

 
At Feb 13, 2007, 11:32:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Wonderful sculptures! Too bad it has to be so COLD to view them!

 
At Feb 14, 2007, 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Love the pink ones, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home