From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Good times keep rolling

I'm having the best day! Though it didn't start out that great.

I woke up unexpectedly at 4:30AM. Since we bought the new bed, this rarely happens. I woke feeling kind of lousy, so I took myself to the guest room, climbed in the torture bed and watched Reba, the only non-infomercial on. After this I watched Newsworld and discovered that June Callwood passed away. I heard two weeks ago that she was nearing the end of her battle. She was a great great lady and will be missed.

At 5:30 I'm still awake, and the door opens. Steve wants to know if I'm ok, because he's not sleeping either. We come to the conclusion that his tossing and turning kept me awake. We finally fell back asleep a little after 6AM. Steve was up at 6:45 to get ready for his race, I couldn't move. Blah. Turns out Mr. forgot to take his nic patch off. He's on week 7 and doing GREAT... only one week to go!

Big kitty Salami woke me up at 8:05. Oh crap! I promised I'd cheer Steve on. :( I threw an Eggo in the toaster, put on some running clothes, and got my gear together. Drove like a maniac, found a parking spot far from the race (knowing I would never find parking nearby) and ran to the finish. Because it was already 9AM, with an 8AM start, I expected his 10K was done. Yippee! I didn't miss him! I had a whopping 3 minutes grace before he crossed the finish with a 3 minute PR! The race started late :D . I met some of his Gotta Run peeps, and picked up my run where I left off (1.5k). Steve ran with me, because he was supposed to get 15k in. My heart rate wasn't being cooperative at all, so I'd walk when it would hit 165. It kept coming faster and faster. Booourns. Anyway, I finished my 5k and feel great for it. It will improve!

I've since had a shower, and then a bath as I take forever to warm up. Made some curried tomato couscous soup, and feel like a million bucks American.

Off to homework now! Unless Facebook calls.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home