From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good times

Finally! I hesitate to say it, as I don't want to jinx myself, but I finally feel like these healthy habits might have an opportunity to stick!

I'm still having some stomach pain, but so infrequent (a few times a day) and so minor, that I hardly notice them. It's more a reminder... "oh ya, I haven't felt this in a while". Yay!

I think I may have been saved. Well not really, but who know! Thursday evening we went to see the Blind Boys of Alabama. I didn't realize it was a benefit concert to raise money for a machine to be used for early diagnosis of degenerative eye conditions, for the eye institute. Even better! I fell in love with Gospel when I began volunteering at the Ottawa Bluesfest in the Gospel tent almost 15 years ago.

The show was wonderful! We clapped, we danced (eventually... this is Ottawa after all) and we sang. I left with a huge smile on my face, which hasn't left me since. Honestly, if I could find a church like that here, I think I could be persuaded to give this religion thing another shot. I am after all, a former Catholic.

Now to those healthy habits. Yesterday I had a frustrating moment, thought about ordering a pizza (seriously) but instead raced across the hall to get my running bra. I hammered out my first 10/1's since restarting this running gig in January. The last set felt hard (they always do don't they!) but I got a great sweat going, and had the endorphins to boot. Not sure I would have felt that great after pizza. Well maybe.

Today I went shopping for glasses, yet again. But this time I got lucky and found some I liked! And one pair of prescription sunglasses too. I'm so excited :)

After our shopping we went for a walk by the canal for an hour. It was lovely out (5C), though overcast. Since we moved I don't get to the canal as often as I used to, so it's a treat!

I can't think of anything else. Life is good! Run by the canal planned tomorrow (the canal two days in a row!), while Steve races.

A clip from the group, same lineup, of one of their slower songs played in December somewhere!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Apr 15, 2007, 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I read somewhere that we moderns are sometimes too quick to pathologize our aches and pains, which in many cases resolve themselves. But the flip side, not mentioned in the article, is that if you let something go and it was the beginning of something really bad, you can end up in serious trouble. Somewhere in there is a fine line. :-)

Your comment on gospel made me smile. I went to a black church once and had a great time clapping and dancing. I found myself thinking that this was a very sensible way to practice Christianity. After all, if you really believe you're going to be saved and spend eternity in Heaven, shouldn't you be celebrating?

I'm glad you're having a fun weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home