From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, April 08, 2007

sooo..

I have to go into the office next week, all week, for training. This bites.

Reason one: the subject matter - installing the 'sp' app on a server. Seriously, I don't think I'm ever going to be doing this, so not sure why I have to be there.

Reason two: lunch. It will be expected that we go to lunch every day together. Not that I mind going to lunch with these people, they are my colleagues/friends, but it's the eating out at a restaurant every day. Not sure I need the calories or the expense (yes, we're trying to pay off the line of credit as soon as we can).

Reason three: running. It will kill my running. I can't run with anything in my tummy other than a couple of egg whites, or half a bagel, and this is only after I have 4 hours to digest. This is going to make running after work impossible. I'm going to have to settle for a walk every night. Or run at about 9PM. That's not happening. Like I haven't missed enough training.

Reason four: clothes. As a full time telecommuter, I have no clothes. This is fact. I went shopping last week for some shirts I could wear in the office, yes, did the same thing two months ago when I had to go in for 2 days. Now with it apparently being spring (I'll believe that when I can see the grass again), I needed warmer weather stuff. Don't get me started on pants. I own two pairs. I didn't find anything at Old Navy last week that fit right (being tubby, I have lumps in odd places), so these pants will be in heavy rotation. And trust me, they both have been seen before, many times. If it were going to be even remotely warmer, I could wear my capris. Sigh.

Reason five: I won't have my computer. We're in a lab on training PCs. This means no email, and maybe no internet. How the heck will I get by if I can't even go on facebook or email, let along YM? :(

I think that's enough, I'm only getting bummed.

Now to figure out what the heck is going on with my gut! Since Thursday morning I've been having twinges in my stomach that are "grab on to something painful". What I'm feeling is what can best be described as intermittent lightning. It's happening on both sides of my abdomen, sometimes only one, sometimes the other, sometimes both. It happens every time I change position, e.g., stand up, sit down, and if I haven't changed positions, it happens about every 5-10 minutes. I thought maybe it was some sort of gastro thing, but I have no other symptoms. I feel fine otherwise. I haven't been able to run or walk though, because I keep having to stop and breathe it out. Any ideas?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Apr 8, 2007, 2:49:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Maybe the restaurants you'll be eating at have good soups and salads? Even there, you have to be careful, but clear soups and non-caesar salads without a lot of dressing are usually okay. Sandwiches, too, if you're careful.

I don't know about the pain. Any chance it's just gas? When I'm anxious, I find I swallow air and then I have to take a gas-x to get rid of the pain from the bubbles in my gut. TMI, I suppose, but maybe a gas-x cap would help.

 
At Apr 8, 2007, 3:45:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

it's tough to do, but I've been making sure I have fresh fruit salad at least twice a day (breakfast and lunch, usually), and then try to stick to no sweets and only about half the plate I'm served. It's worked so far -- in two weeks of traveling, I've lost 4 pounds.

And I went into Old Navy last weekend looking for "work" clothes too and walked out when I realized nothing there would cover anything below my ribs and above my hip bones. I found great stuff at Dress Barn, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home