From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Making progress

Wow, I've got a streak going and I feel great! I even dropped a couple of pounds. Who knew!! While my running is nowhere near my former glory , I know I'll get there again!

The 40 minute minimum is going well again. I really need to clean up my template. I messed up enough that it bums me out to look at my stats. So I'll take the pressure off by removing them for now.

I'm even strength training! What the heck is going on with me!?!

It must have something to do with my doctor's appt tomorrow, to review my test results from 6 weeks ago, and check the old BP. Here's hoping meds aren't in my immediate future. If my BP has dropped at all, I intend to ask for a 4 week rematch :)

Off to get the clothes out of the dryer, and watch me some LOST.

Ooooh! and the best part! After Monday's snow/rain, we're expecting gorgeous weather! I walked to the bookmobile today (as good as the library, request what you want from any library, and they put it on the shelf for you), 40 minute brisk walk in a hoodie. It was 13C!! By the weekend we'll be at 20, and by Monday 23C! That's 73F. Great merciful crap I don't think I can stand it! Sadly I have my final on Monday so I have to study all weekend, but I plan to find a park and sit under a tree for part of it. Boo yah! But it can't be all work and no play, so when Steve gets home from work on Saturday and goes out for his 18k by the canal, I'm bringing out the bike. Woooooooooooooo!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Apr 19, 2007, 5:55:00 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Good job keeping up the streak. I've had the biggest challenge to my running with this new job I took on 3 months ago...but there was one amazing difference...i just KNEW I'd get back to running once I figured out how to work everything together. So when you write, "I know I'll get there again" well that's the most important part of being an athlete. It's really all in the mind!

What a great addiction we've got, huh??!!

 
At Apr 22, 2007, 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Way to go, Una!! Don't you love it when the weather turns nice :)

I used to watch "Lost" but missed too many episodes. I was soooo confused. It was a great show. I watch entirely too much TV as it is to get hooked on something else...

Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home