From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Busy times

Wow, it's been busy!

I'm at school now Tues/Thurs nights, and prof does like to give homework! We also had a long weekend and wow, it was lovely! The weather was a little cool, though I still got a mild sunburn, and it rained on Sunday, but we still spent a ton of time planting the veggie garden, doing some spring cleaning, and hanging with the nice neighbours. So nice :). Freakshow neighbours hung several more bags of dog crap off our side of the fence again, so we gifted them a garbage can and put them in it, on their side of the fence. These people refus to speak with us, so it's not like we can tell them they are being disgusting. Sure enough, Monday morning they emptied the garbage can, put it behind their fence, and hauled away the dog poop. Can't wait to see if they gift us again this weekend. Sigh.

Anyway, this was the last weekend of the Tulip Festival. While my tulips are in peak, most of those by the canal were done. But it was still gorgeous and so many people out! My daughter and I went to the canal on Saturday, me for my 7k, she to read under a tree. My goal was 10/1, and I was successful for the first 4 repeats. Then I had to walk when my heart rate hit 165. On the upside, my average heart rate over 5k is dropping, as is my time - I took 30 seconds off the week before. After my run, my daughter and I went for a cooldown walk for 2 more kms. It was lovely out. We came home in time to catch the last period and the OT win for the Ottawa Senators! Wooooooot! We will be facing Anaheim for the Stanley Cup, our first time in modern franchise history. Sooooo excited!!

In other news, running this week is going well, though my knee is a little sore. I'm not in the least bit concerned, because it hurts every year at this time. No idea why.

Better get to work!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home