From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, May 07, 2007

Woot!!

I had the best run today. It was my first 6k since graduating to 10/1. My heart rate was down 5 bpm, and my speed up 19s/km. This is progress over 1km longer.

I know it's not much, but finally, FINALLY, I'm starting to feel like it's all coming together! I topped off my run with a cool down of a 1km walk.

I went to the canal to run, knowing that Steve would be somewhere there at that time, with the Gotta Run team. He had a great 20k run on Thursday, then it all fell apart on Saturday, when he couldn't finish 10k. He could barely walk. Today walking wasn't a problem, but the minute he started running his 5k time trial, the wheels came off again. I found him on my way back, and he was hobbling. It broke my heart. Luckily he went straight to Dr. Geoff for ART, Graston technique, massage therapy and acupuncture. And a scolding for missing a week's therapy. He will be back in on Wednesday, but as it stands right now, he can't do stairs, and can barely put any weight on his leg. And being the goof men can be (no offense to men, but you know it's true) he doesn't want me to borrow the crutches from my brother. But he can't walk :(

Back to 24. Mmmm Jack....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2007, 3:49:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

hope his leg is feeling better -- he wouldn't want to sabotage his efforts so far with an injury.

congrats on the progress!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home