From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Date Night

Steve and I have very little time together. He's working 6.5 days a week getting the new store set up, I'm working weekdays and schooling two nights a week.

Yesterday we threw my brother a birthday bbq in our new outdoor living room! It's awesome, but darn it, we woke to a temp drop. Boo-urns. We reached a high of 13C and in the sun under blankets it wasn't bad! Ok, it was, so we took it inside after an hour. But the patio was a hit!

After the mass exodus (it was hockey night in Ottawa), KT went out, and we decided to have date night. Yes, we'd miss part of the hockey game, but it's too stressful to watch the first two periods. Really.

We decided on The Notebook. All we knew is that it was a love story. We thought, woooo cuddles in the future! Um, what we didn't think of was that we'd spend the last half hour of the film sobbing. Snot is not conducive to cuddles. So we watched the last period of the game, and with fear we both had 'the feeling'. Sure enough, within 5 seconds of the horn, Buffalo scored. We continued to cry. Argh!! We won in 2nd OT, thank goodness. How I can watch the last period and OT, and not find that stressful is beyond me.

I woke this morning feeling all stuffy from crying. Not the best in date nights! Except for the win, that was totally worth it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 14, 2007, 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Ahhh, yes. The Notebook. Why didn't you just finish the night off with A Walk to Remember??

;)

My Wings lost to the Mighty Sucks of Anaheim in OT last night. Actually, they might just be the Anaheim Sucks now. Why does SoCal even have a hockey team?? Anyway, I know 'the feeling' well...

 
At May 18, 2007, 3:47:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

I don't wanna hear about the "feeling" after that hideous Game 7 with the Canucks. I just got to where I couldn't watch anymore. Just couldn't do it!

At least you were able to squeeze in a bit of time with your sweetie, even if you were sweatin' the score the whole time!!

 
At May 19, 2007, 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

One should never cry during hockey games, especially the playoffs. Yell your head off, yes, bruise a pessimistic fellow fan in the shoulder, maybe. No crying.

Go Sens Go!

I want a Wings-Sens final, in which Stanley comes victoriously home to his rightful country, where we all truly appreciate his worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home