From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bizzy bizzy!

I thought I posted last week! School two nights a week, work, and training are taking up a lot of time!

This was probably the most beautiful weekend of my life. Weather wise that is. We've had a spectacularly hot week, with no rain except over night. Just gorgeous.

Until yesterday's run at 1PM. Got out way too late, and it was 35C. I hardly ever drink when running, just a sip every 10 minutes. By 6k I had taking in my two flasks = 12oz. Yikes. I stopped the 10/1 and did what I could to finish the last 3k. I'm just a big sweaty girl. When I finished, I drank another 8oz of water at the fountain, and when my daughter met me with a huge bottle of grape gatorade (best flavour EVER) I drank half the bottle before I finished stretching. I tried to top up the rest of the day, which wasn't hard because I was so thirsty. This morning I was still down 5 lbs from yesterday.

But this morning was bike day! Unfortunately I fought with the stupid bike rack for 20 mins, then we left. Half way to my brother's (he's giving KT a bike) I realize I forgot my helmet and gloves. CRAP. Turned around, got my helmet and gloves, and pulled in to my brother's a full 55 mins late. :( But the threat of thunderstorms blew over in that time!

We didn't bike long (only 30 mins) but we had fun and it felt really easy. Great first ride. Since we were so late, by the time we finished up it was lunch time so we went to Elgin Street Diner for lunch. Yum. After that we went to the cemetery to visit Dad (and Mom), then came home to sit in the back yard for a couple of hours, watching the birds and reading. Gorgeous.

I had some strange leg twinges at the back of my knee which started the evening of Thursday's run, and lasted until about 10 mins into yesterday's run. Then it went away, and never came back. Odd. I'll take odd though :)

This week should be good workout wise, but it will be a challenge to get it all in with... school and work.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Jun 17, 2007, 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're having such nice weather! It's rain here, but at least it keeps things cool.

Gotta stay positive!

 
At Jun 19, 2007, 8:38:00 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

it will be nice to have KT to bike with -- I wish my kid was old enough to come with on longer rides. watch the knee if it rears up again, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home