From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, June 04, 2007

Rain go away!

Ok, just for tonight. We really want to head to Sens Mile/City Hall for the game tonight to cheer outside, but I don't want to do it in the rain. I tend to get sick lately if I am out in the rain for hours! Go Sens Go!

Anyway, it's been a huge week. My school assignment last weekend took HOURS to do. Way more than I expected. I then had to prep for my first test in this class. On the upside, no homework this past weekend!

Had some great runs in the past week. The best would have been Friday's 5k. While it was stinkin' hot and humid (33C), I was able to run my best pace of 2007 since re-starting my run program, at 7:07/km. I've been running 10/1 the past few weeks, and really wanted to run it straight through, but I didn't have it in me. Just too hot, and heart rate was getting too high. So I ran 18 mins, walked one, and ran another 15. Ya man. It rocked.

Saturday I decided while watching the game it would be a great time to start strength training, yet again. I hate it, but I did it.

Lesson learned, I don't do well when strength training before my 'long run'. Sunday's scheduled run was 8k. After such a great run on Friday, I expected great things, especially since it was much cooler, at 25C. From the get go my legs were heavy and tired. It took fortitude to not walk before my 10 minutes were up. I messed up my Garmin somehow, so I couldn't see my pace, which was liberating in one way, because I don't think I could have pushed it much harder! It never got easier, as I had thought it would, but it also never got any worse. I thought I had a headwind on the way out... wake up call, that was nothing compared to the way back. Oh well. Average pace 7:31/km, but my heart rate was at 150, which is outstanding for me this year.

After my run I walked for a bit to cooldown. I usually do 1km, but I was so wrapped up in my iPod and the ducklings, that I walked 2.65km. :)

I feel great today, no soreness whatsoever. I know tomorrow's run is going to be great. Now if only this rain will go away, I can go stand in a crowd of 20 000 for 6 hours!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home