From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm tired, and it's not from exercise! The last bit done was Friday - a really hot and windy brick. I had to walk 4 times on my 5k, but happily my time was 33 mins and change. How the heck did that happen? Oh yeah, it was that first km where my legs were flying at 5:45/km. Yay me!

So not exercising because (as anyone following me on Twitter knows) I've been grooving the nights (and weekend days) away at the Ottawa Bluesfest. Since Thursday I've attended:
  • The Blind Boys of Alabama (always gets you moving)
  • The Tragically Hip
  • Trevor Findlay Band
  • Royal Wood
  • Corb Lund
  • Sonny Landreth
  • Wintersleep
  • Sean Kingston
  • Orchestra Babobab
  • The Frequency
  • Steely Dan
  • Amanda Rheaume
  • Lucinda Williams
  • Luke Doucet
  • Zappa Plays Zappa
  • Snoop Dogg
  • Bryan Lee and the Blues Power Band
  • Johnny Winter
  • The Wailers
  • James Taylor
Granted, I didn't stay for the full length of all shows as I wandered from stage to stage (there are 6 this year). James Taylor was last night - KT and I danced and swayed. It was nice to have a mellow show!

Tonight we're planning to see Michael Franti and Spearhead, since we so loved the show last year. There are a whack of other acts throughout the evening who we'll also see, and probably a bit of Fergie on the way out. The festival continues through Sunday. We're taking Saturday off since we have a duathlon Sunday morning! And it's going to be a scorcher!

That's it for now, the job search is done for the day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home