From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I guess it's time for an update!

Steve and I had a great great time at the cottage, though the weather wasn't always too great! Steve's Mom and my sister and her hubby came for the weekend and we had a nice visit. Sadly it had gotten cold by then, and we could only swim on Saturday for an hour.

Last weekend my daughter KT and I went on a shopping trip to NY for her birthday. We havn't had a road trip in a few years, and this is what she wanted for her birthday - she paid for her shopping, I paid for the two nights at the hotel, the gas and the meals. We had a great time. I'll post pictures once she loads them.

Running: I came down with a cold last week after the cottage, so I didn't end up doing my 16k until Thursday. I've been busy since, so the plan is to run this week's 16 tomorrow.

Job: I had an interview for a contract position on Monday last week. I did not think it went well at all, but got called for a second interview for this past Monday. This interview went much much better, but I found out today that I wasn't selected. The feedback was good though, I interviewed very well, and the two 'negatives' were 1. no experience working with the government (this is a common theme, which is really hard to get around since no one will give you that first 'in'!), and the other candidate had more web development experience.

I'm disappointed, it was an opportunity to learn about other ECM systems. C'est la vie. Yes, I've been working hard on bringing my French back too ;). I was submitted for two other jobs, but haven't heard anything so assuming that I wasn't selected for interview. So back to square 1.

I don't think I have anything else to report! We'll see how the 16k goes tomorrow ;)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Aug 20, 2008, 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I know what you mean about getting an "in" with the government. I work for a state university and it's quite similar in that it's very hard to get that first job. The good news though, is that once you're in, staying in is easy. Ditto for if you leave and want to return.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but it sounds like you've been keeping busy in happy ways and that's good. :-)

 
At Aug 25, 2008, 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Una said...

Fingers crossed bunnygirl! Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home