From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Long time no update!

I registered for the 1st annual Army Half Marathon (dog tag medals people!) a couple of weeks ago. Then ran 12k and buggered up my hip - last weekend it hurt to put weight on it, but after several steps it was fine. Strange stuff. I have no idea how I hurt it. :(

I was supposed to race in my second Du of the season yesterday, but because my hip was still constantly sore (but not bad like last weekend) but definitely aggravated by the bike as I found out last weekend. So skipped the du :( (congrats to Steve and Karen who both came in 3rd in their age groups), instead opted to stand around for 5 hours on my leg. Smooth move there chicky.

Today I was to run 14k. My hip hurt the whole time, but doesn't hurt any more or less than it has all week, so if still ok tomorrow, I will be thrilled. Only 7 weeks until the race!

I didn't get the job I interviewed for. Oh well. I have another interview on Aug 11 for a different contract, and have been submitted for 2 other opportunities. Something will come my way soon enough.

I have been spending more time sitting on the deck, reading for study and for fun, listening to various podcasts on my iPod, and enjoying my time off. It's tough, the job search is permanently on my mind, as is getting my French back in top shape. Speaking of which, I've started taking novels I had on my TBR list out of the library which have been translated into French. Ooh la la. ;)

That's if for now. We rented a cottage for the week (before the layoff that is!) so we're going to spend the rest of the week reading, studying, getting interview ready, sleeping, swimming, running, walking... Can't wait!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home