From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Run day!


I had the best run today! Why was it so great? I finally felt like I was getting somewhere, and at the end I PASSED SOMEONE! I haven't passed anyone in about 2 years.

Because this week was such a crapfest on so many levels, I'm restarting my program today.

Food:
Pre-run: 1 sl. whole grain toast with cheese whiz. Water.
Post run: 1 toasted whole grain bagel with 2 tsp margarine and thick slice of tomato. Finished the gatorade from the run.
Lunch: 1 Baked potato, 1 tsp margarine, ff sour cream, cheese sandwich. Water.
Pre-swim: 2 slices pizza, green pepper, mushroom, green olive, light on cheese.
Post-swim: Chinese food - mixed veggies and veggie fried rice. Going to pay for this sodium fest tomorrow.

Cardio:
Run: Set out to do 6.5k. I haven't done 6.5k in a few weeks. It was -1 with the windchill and I found it tough to breathe. After 10 minutes I was perfectly warm, so I was dressed perfectly. My lungs weren't happy with the air supply and I struggled, but was able to maintain a 6:30-6:45 /km pace, which is consistent. Finished 5k in 33:44 and the full run of 6.762k in 45:32. Felt great to have it done, though stayed cold for about an hour afterwards. Brought back the marathon training chills where it took hours to get my body warm again!

Swim: 2nd class of 2nd session of swim class. I got bumped down to a less advanced class, which sucked in a way, but I wasn't ready to swim laps in the deep end for 25m at a time without the wall for safety. Jenna (the class I got bumped to) didn't want to see us in her class, because we didn't really belong there either! Katie stayed in the original Level 2 class and they were doing front crawl, butterfly and flip turns! Jenna said that was Level 3. So she's going to chat with the supervisor to see if an in between class can be arranged. I'm going to trey to get to the pool tomorrow night to practice some more.