From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

8k... no no... 6k



Hmmm... I was dying last night. Falling asleep the minute I sat down. No idea what that was about. Watched most of Bridget Jones I with my daughter. I swear we almost know it by heart. So funny. I had to go to bed though at 11... I couldn't do anymore. And I was drifting off anyway.

With Steve out of town I expected an awesome sleep, but no... Lu had other ideas. The minute I walked in the room he started to purr (and Lu love is very rare) so I had to leave him in. I fell asleep hugging huggy pillow. Lu came over at some point an poked me (yes, cats poke you when they want you to shove over... at least Lu does), so I tossed huggy pillow behind me, and Lu took up its spot. Purrrr. I vaguely remember it. Except the fur up my nose. And the stuffed head this morning.

I was up at 7:30 and had a bagel by 8, the whole while concerned that I was cutting it too close to run time (an hour earlier than my Sunday run), as I was driving KT to work for 10. I opted out of the glass of skim milk, hoping that would make the difference. Not so... the goal was 8k, cut it somewhere around 6k, side stitches, cramps and overall misery (with a headwind both ways!), that I bailed early. Now I know... HALF a bagel if only a 2 hour window.

3 Comments:

At Apr 16, 2006, 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Getting the right pre-race nutrition down is such a tough deal. Most often hard lessons learned. You still got most of your run in and can do it better next time. You inspire me! ALWAYS make it fun!!!

 
At Apr 16, 2006, 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Did he finish the whole thing???

My pre-race nutrition includes a bagel with peanut butter and a banana (that covers low, medium and high glycemic indexes if you follow that) two hours before the race. Then sipping on gatorade just before the gun goes off. Seems to work well for me.

Good luck figuring it all out!!

 
At Apr 16, 2006, 9:35:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Now THAT's a bagel!

Happy Easter!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home