From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, April 14, 2006

Thank you pup!


Steve bought me a present! Since I've been whining about my Bodylink dying in the pool, Steve found me a Garmin 301! It's used (thank heavens, I would kill him to buy new when my Bodylink works in a modified fashion), but almost new.

I took it today for a slow 22k bike ride with my brother and his family. It was lovely out, and felt really good to get moving. I can't wait until Sunday, if the weather cooperates, Steve and I are going for a long one!

2 Comments:

At Apr 15, 2006, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

What a thoughtful guy AND thoughtful present! Support(of the right kind) is sooooo important. Looks like we have something in common...trying to shed those last few pounds. It's so hard and I'll be thinkin of you! I'm jealous about the nutritionalist...I eat pretty clean but have always wanted to go to one.
Volunteer...give back.... it's so important and so hard. Time... You've got the heart for it and that's most of the (time) battle. What do they say? Take care of yourself so you can be good to others. You are well on your way.
Going on vacation for a week. Looking forward to coming back and catching up on your blog. Have your best week!

 
At Apr 15, 2006, 5:44:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

NICE present!!

Jamie got me a used treadmill from one of his co-workers that NEVER used it. I'm not "excessively fond" (Wink. You know what I mean.) of working out on treadmills, but sometimes it's ICY, or cold freezing rain, or DARK (nope, I no longer run outside in the dark. Unless it's an early RACE morning, like at Disney or Tampa marathons).

That treadmill, used or not, can keep me on my training plan!

Gadgets can be our friends!

Happy Easter, if you celebrate! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home