From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Eatster

I'm not sure what the heck happened this week, or what derailed me. I've been pretty good on the workouts, though I did miss a couple because of crazy work days and evening work functions. Then I took a couple of days off at the end of the week and all fell apart! Well, not really, I did get cardio Friday, Sat and Today, but it's lacking. Maybe my expectations were too high.

So today the family had Easter brunch at my brother's. It was delicious! One egg, a few (too many, no doubt) pieces of baguette, about 1 tbsp of Brie, and lots of berries. Wonderful. Had pomegranate and OJ on the side. After brunch Steve and I were to go for a long bike ride (yay!) but brother #1 asked him to go golfing. Brother #2 stepped up and said he'd love to join me for a bike ride... How about 30k? Ya!! From my house to his is 5k each way, so I was excited to have plans for a 40k bike ride. Even though it was cold and windy.

I get to my brothers and he's having bike problems. We spent 45 minutes getting them resolved, so he only had time for a 15 minute ride :( . We rode, I came home. Only 12k in the books. Bummed me right out. Came home because I didn't want to be out too long leaving a turkey in the oven in an empty house, and my hands were freezng. Went directly to my stash of Cadbury Mini Eggs, and ate about 20 of them. Dumb Ar$e. Why the sabotage??

Easter dinner consisted of vegetarian chicken nuggets made of tofu (3), steamed carrots, skinny mashed potatoes, fake stuffing (stovetop), fat free vegetarian turkey gravy, a ton of peas and a biscuit. Not too bad, not too great either.

Tomorrow is the last day of my vacation, and I am recommitting myself to getting on track. Fitday is coming back out, 1700 calories per day is the target, and I've decided to make up for a missed run last week, and my shortened run yesterday, by tackling the 8k. I can't wait.

2 Comments:

At Apr 17, 2006, 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Aren't you glad chocolate is a vegetarian food?

Sad about your lost bike time, but now that Easter's over everything can get back on track. Hopefully less interruptions in training, you'll be eating better, go for it!

 
At Apr 17, 2006, 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Berries & Brie...yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home