From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Grrrr... just venting


I don't know what the heck my problem is. But I'm heading for a meltdown.

  • Tired from class last night? yes.
  • Ate too late so couldn't fall asleep? yes.
  • colleagues all idiots? yes.
  • Too much work and no motivation? yes.
  • Steve shrink my favorite running shorts/bra/blouse in the dryer? yes.
  • Is it zero Celsius and snowing/hailing? yes.
  • Run inside? sure... let's try that. Something positive!
  • DVD player in the basement working? no.
  • Fiddle with it for 30 @#$@$ minutes? yes.
  • Do any good? no.
  • Have any time left to run before next meeting? no.
  • Is today mine and Steve's unofficial anniversary? yes. (we don't have an actual date so chose the date he moved from T.O.).
  • Did he remember? not yet.
  • Did I? too late.
  • Any Tostitos left? a handful. Do you want me to hurt you now?

Is it PMS? a little early, but every six months or so I get a whopping dose.

Is it because no matter how hard/much I work out, and how few calories I eat, I still gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks? When other people, go for a freaken little walk around the neighborhood, cut down on 'candy' and lose 3 lbs a week?

Am I overworked? well, that's nothing new.

Had lunch, low fat cheese sandwich on sourdough bread with 3 olives. Found Hershey Kisses and ate about 9. Don't think the foil was even off the last one. Yelled at KT for coughing (allergies/asthma), gave her the rest of the kisses and told her to eat them. She looks a little frightened and had the gall to say... PMS? What came out of her mouth next was the best... is it OUR time yet? Oh great, we can snipe at each other tomorrow.

UGH.

Better paste a smile and chair a meeting now. Good thing I am homebased. I'd be a danger in the office.

4 Comments:

At Apr 25, 2006, 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Sister.... you are too funny. Maybe we were seperated at birth?...every 6 months>sounds right, gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks LOOKING at food> ya..that's right, over worked> shut the &$#* up ...RIGHT already! Today would have been my 19th wedding aniversary. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of my husband. Yes...I am blessed now, but I miss him and live with regrets. Be good to your man, and let him know the date is important to you...Don't compromise on that if he needs a wake up call....IT IS IMPORTANT. You my friend, are worth every bit of it. Whatever's important to you. The celebration of your relationship, your down time, your swim/bike/runs. Your chocolate. I'm thrilled to be here for a little piece of the ride. THIS is just a moment...you are bigger than THIS. ;)

 
At Apr 25, 2006, 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

p.s. sorry for the long post... it just kept coming out! ;)

 
At Apr 25, 2006, 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It's not too late do something with your man tonight, even if it's just Chinese delivery and a favorite movie on DVD. "Special" is whatever we want it to be.

And just because you're having one of those days doesn't mean you should let it have you.

I hope you get to feeling better.

 
At Apr 26, 2006, 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

my hubby is banned from laundry for that very reason!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home