From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yay! A good day!!!

Since I missed my run yesterday, Steve and I raced out the door first thing this morning to run the 'hood. It was brutal! I was out of shape Rocky. It's been years since I ran first thing out of bed. I felt weak, nauseated, faint and hungry at all once. I felt stronger though, on the way back, and in total we covered only 5.5k. Had an awesome (huge!) breakfast of eggs over easy, toast, some homemade hashbrowns (skinny variety), sliced tomato, and straw/ras/blueberries.

Then my brother and I went to the pool (it was 2:30 and I was still full from breakfast!). Pat started swim classes on Tuesday, he wanted to practice what he learned on Tuesday. We are going to try to go to the pool every weekend. Wooop!

So that's it from here I guess. Tomorrow is another run, knee permitting, and a bike ride, weather permitting. Please wish for no rain! Since my concussion (with helmet, which I destroyed that day) I'm terrified of riding my road bike in the rain. I'm going to have to get over the fear of it, but not quite ready yet. Wuss.

3 Comments:

At Apr 23, 2006, 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Heh, yesterday we had snow, so I didn't run today its beautiful and the sun is shining, so I will run. I wish the same for you

 
At Apr 23, 2006, 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

LOVE the picture! Isn't it funny that even on our good days we still can't get beyond that as the image of ourselves? Rare, but still that way for me sometimes. Good run when you're not used to the AM thing! Take care of that knee and don't push it! Tomorrow is my first day back after vacation and can't wait. Keep going!!!! I'm counting on your company. ;)

 
At Apr 23, 2006, 1:39:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

I'm coming to YOUR house for breakfast! Great job on getting out there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home