From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, April 21, 2006

Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

I really have to learn to manage my time better. I think I do a good job, but I could do much better. I was a married Mom in university, ex-hub and I juggling our full time school and work schedules to ensure one of us was always home with KT. I don't know how we did it. I started my BA when KT was 1, finished when she was 5, holding down a 20 hour week job. But I was also a young thing then.

So now she's all grown up and zero maintenance (except for her oinky house habits), and all I have is work and a new hubby, who also works. I work from home, so no loss of time commuting. I'm training, though missing a workout here or there (stupid aggravated knee... darn jumping squats), who knew that adding 2 nights of school would wipe me right out? Not cool. I'm in bed after midnight, struggling to get up at 7:00 and dying for a nap at 3:00. Something's not right.

I think I spend too much time goofing off during the day. Maybe I need to cut out those daily calls from my sister when she's on the road, and not check blogs/personal emails during the day.

So I now announce my schedule:

Before work - read mail and blogs. Must log on work computer by 7:00. I've been slacking here, just not getting up in time. Noon-1:30, run, bike or walk, shower, eat lunch at desk. 6:00, log off work computer. Do not get caught up in late night emails from Asia. TV not really an issue, down to 3 hours a week (Project Catwalk, America's Next Top Model, and 24), so what the heck am I doing at night? No clue. This is where I can win back some time. :) Going to get that after dinner walk in, going to stop skipping my 1 hour of study/self improvement, and try to get under the sheets by 10.

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At Apr 21, 2006, 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You go girl!! You have plenty on your plate and I applaud you. You inspire me! You are blessed with a great daughter (oinky & all ;)...) and a supportive husband. What more could a girl want? I love that you look for ways to 'get your arms around' what you want to accomplish, and that you visit my blog too. Keep it up! I am reading!

 
At Apr 22, 2006, 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm a big goof off. Instead of doing my housework or running, I'm reading blogs...lol.

Like you I started my family young. Its great to now still be young and not be busy taking care of little ones except when I borrow my granddaughter...lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home