From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hump Day!


Now I have that Black Eyed Peas song in my head.

Much better day today! Still not getting enough work done, but juggled my schedule to be able to get a run in, at the canal (where I normally can only go on weekends due to transportation issues), in my new shoes! I call them my Air Dawns. New shoes always feel so odd, but they are the right ones, cost me only $110 CDN for 2 pairs, incl. shipping, on Ebay. The first few steps I felt like all muscle was being torn from my shins, but it all settled down and I have no after pain.

What a tough run! Please gods of running, give me an easy one! The rain held off, but the wind. Holy crap. I've never seen white caps on the canal. And there's only about 3 feet of water as it's not been filled yet. Huge gusts. So on the way out I ran with my head down, to keep debris out of my eyes, and my hat on my head. At some points pace wasn't an option. To put it in perspective, on the way back this pace I speak of improved by 45-60s/km.

Ya, I could have gone farther than 5.25k, but honestly I was done. And had to get back to work.

3 Comments:

At Apr 26, 2006, 11:44:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

New kicks and a run to?! Good day I'd say....now..get some work done ;).
Have a great day tomorrow!

 
At Apr 27, 2006, 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Lora said...

The gods predict spring is in the air! ;) Good job!!

 
At Apr 29, 2006, 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Love the shoes and so cool that you named them after me...lol. Thanks for making my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home