From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, April 28, 2006

Thank you pretty lady

Whiny girl (me) took 20 minutes to do some yoga and try to chill while getting a little bit of strength training/core work in, only to be constantly interrupted by my daughter, who as we all know, is the centre of the universe. Even the boys tried to help, walking under me and tickling my downward dogged nose with their tails, purring their little fool heads off. Sweet :)

Then I logged in to see my favorite pretty lady, the Hornsby Island nesting eagle. And she decided to stand up and show me her two little eggs, moved them over and fluffed up her nest, before sitting back down. Thank you. Amazing.

Suddenly the stresses seem a little less important.

I did get a great run in today, 5.25k or something of the sort (haven't plugged in Gamine to check). It was sunny and warm, I had to take off the jacket, with much less wind than the last few runs. My pace was much better than it has been of late too.

Only 2 more days in my old job, 3 more hours of which I have to train others to take over my job, debug one darn form that's giving me grief (I've been on it for about 6 hours in the evenings now), develop and deploy 2 other forms, update permissions on several servers, and produce 6 documents (training and work instructions). I am so screwed. So I will be working this weekend. Again.

1 Comments:

At Apr 29, 2006, 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Couldn't help but laugh reading the last paragrah... It's over soon. Good job on the core and yoga. I am a huge believer in core work. Most of our injuries relate to lack of core strength. A little as much as possible will treat you right. You inspire me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home