From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whoa nellie it's hot

So a meeting was booked during my normal lunch workout time, which spurred me to have a look at my schedule, and the weather network.

I have gotten used to running at lunch time, meaning I've had a light breakfast mostly digested. So running in the morning was going to be new again. I woke this morning to an eggo waffle, and after doing my daily first thing in the morning work tasks, headed to the canal for 9AM. And it was already hot and humid. Thank goodness for the headwind. Wait, did I actually write that?

The schedule called for 10k, at 10/1. So that's what I did. I was soaking with sweat and even had a small fly drown on the sweat of my hand. Poor creature! It wasn't until 7k that I was really starting to feel it, and I wanted to walk. I didn't. I refused to let myself walk until Gamine beeped. Thank you Arcade Fire for keeping my pace - "keep the una running!". LOVE them. And their local, three of them went to my daughter's high school. Check them out below.





While my run wasn't as 'fast' as Saturday's first 10k in the modern era (since re-starting at 1/1 in January), I am so happy that I was only 2 sec/km slower, the route is a tiny bit hillier, and the heat. I got home at 11AM and it was already 33C/91F. Ya, no wonder I was sweating so much!

I'm starting to get paranoid. This whole training thing is going really really really well. Even though I and my legs were tired after my run, I was still thinking it would be a great day to get on the bike. Instead I booked some time with Ryan to adjust my bike orthotics on Thursday. I really hope the thunderstorms that are planned for tomorrow afternoon don't happen until bed time, as we have a 20k rematch of last week's bike along the river to do tomorrow. Unfortunately, tomorrow's weather is projected to be the same as today's. If we can match last week's ride it will be amazing, since it was so much cooler.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Jun 26, 2007, 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're hitting a good patch with your training. It's nice to feel like you're finally on track with everything. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home