From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Another full day!

We had a great time at Bluesfest last night. Caught the lovely Sarah Harmer, then Michael Franti and Spearhead... so excited, I've missed his/their show 3 times now! We then caught some Manu Chao... really good. The music the whole night was great. Steve, KT and I went together, and met up with my brother and my nephew. The rain held... only a few drops!

A clip from the show... we were all singing and dancing, but KT seemed to have more energy than most. As she normally does:



And a photo of my brother and I during the show... I need to work on my expressions... I always look a little crazy in photos... too many teeth:


After the show, we took the train back to the parking area. KT was a little less energetic at this point:


I love her so much. She's so much fun.

Steve worked today, so KT and I decided we'd bike together. We were somewhat concerned by the heavy rain! It cleared up a little by 11, so we were off. Never in a million years did I expect it the rain to stop completely!

KT really wanted to take the Ottawa River Parkway, because she's hoping to bike to work. Our internet was out this morning so I had to be back by 2PM to meet the technician. We settled on 30k (round trip to work for her would be +40k. The farthest I've biked this year was 22k, and KT 12k. I'm on a road bike, she's on a hybrid. Way easier for me. She was AMAZING! I'm really proud of her. We were both hungry at the end, and her legs were tired, but she was grabbing her Gatorade bottle from her bottle cage and putting it back without missing a beat. I was really impressed! I dropped KT off at her summer place (apt downtown) and hightailed it home.

Believe it or not the appt with the ISP technician was for between 2-5. Wouldn't you know it, I missed his call at 1:52. His message was to reschedule, but when I called my ISP they said that it wasn't cancelled. He pulled in my laneway while we were talking. Wow, technicians on time! Love it! Internet is working again (obviously), so now doing laundry and thinking about maybe staying in tonight. I've got a teeny bit of Wenckebach going on, and it would probably be wiser to stay in and study for my final on Thursday! But we'll see....

Ok, just spoke with KT. She's already crammed up against the stage for The White Stripes tonight. I really wanted to see Joel Plaskett but they've been moved to a different stage. I think I'll snooze instead. Too much effort to get down there. Ah to be 20 again...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home