From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The return of the brick

Oh my. I'd forgotten what a brick felt like.

We headed out in pouring rain to drop some stuff of to Katie, then parked at the canal. The rain was getting worse, so we decided to call it. We drove a whopping 8k away and the rain had stopped. We parked the car at Hogsback Falls, and lept on our bikes. I didn't want to push it hard because the paths were really puddly and I still stink on the bike. 20k down. Gave the bike to Steve, drank some Gatorade and put on my shoes. Oh my. I thought I was going to fall. I couldn't run downhill, I couldn't lift my feet, my shoes each weighed a ton. Finally after 1km of near tumble I started to fell less Frankenstein.

Then this guy runs by me and gives me a big smile, thumbs up and "great job". I said "hi" and stewed that I didn't need the fat chick peptalk. I know he was enjoying his run and trying to be encouraging, but I only had 3k to run in my soaking wet bike diaper shorts. I caught him again on my return and wished him a good night.

I would love to know what my heart rate was. I wore my HRM, but without the elastic strap it reads all over the place. I can say without a doubt that not once did my MHR reach 234 on the bike! Nor did I hit 200 bpm on the run. I may very well have hit 170 though! I don't know what to do about the elastic strap. Garmin no longer has them, I can't find any here, and so far none have appeared on eBay. Sigh.

Glad to report my running pace was 6:36/km though. If I can score that pace over 5k I'll have matched my fastest 5k time from 2006. That day is coming!

Well, off to bed! Wee 3k run on the sched for tomorrow, and a power walk to bring the cardio to 45 mins.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home