From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, July 13, 2007

I really need to get to work but first

I need to get this down for the training log. Tuesday was an off day so I walked, Wed was supposed to do my brick, but I had to do an emergency communication over lunch and the sky turned black. Good thing I didn't try to squeeze it in because 7 people were hit by lightening. Hmm. So I hopped on the treadmill and ran Thursday's scheduled 4k. These little runs are fun. Half training starts in 2 weeks! After the run I grabbed a meeting in my wet running clothes then back to the treadmill to walk another 30 mins.

I completed Wednesday's brick yesterday. It was really windy. On the return I couldn't coast at all, because I'd slow to a near stop. So I kept at it, granny gearing the little hills. My quads were very tight by the time I dismounted. Gave Steve the bike, put on my running shoes and took off. I need to get tri shorts, I feel like I'm wearing a diaper in my bike shorts. They're tight enough though that I forget about it soon enough. It only took me 500m to get my legs this time, and again, ran at a blistering modern era pace of 6:20/km. I just couldn't slow down! My heart rate was really good to. I'm loving this. So nice to be back. Absolutely no regrets starting over!

Bluesfest:
Wasn't able to make it on Tuesday (so bummed!) because class went late. Wednesday saw a little of Chris Duarte, then left to go to the main stage to see the Steve Miller Band. Seriously, 20 minute rendition of Fly Like an Eagle to kick off the show? A lot of people were bored by that point. It was 'ok' and didn't start getting better until near the end. No pictures or vids, just nothing worth it, then it got too dark and too crowded.

Last night I made it after class just in time to see Xavier Rudd (finally!). It was really packed. I really enjoyed it. I was in the middle of the crowd it looked like, and I was far back. Short vid, can't see anything but the audio is good.



I left shortly before the end to make sure I caught the train (and I was getting a headache from the variety of smoke out there.... yes, getting old!), and heard a little of Blue Rodeo on the way out. Great as always.

Class:
I'm done! I aced the first 9 exam questions, and blew the last one. I just couldn't remember the formula. I put what I could, I know I'll get partial marks for being on the right track.

Better get to work! Tonight Gogol Bordello (if you saw Madonna at Live Earth, 2 of the band played with her on La Isla Bonita... gypsy punk), Cat Empire, then INXS. If they suck I'm off to Ten Years After... I'd prefer to see them, but promised a girlfriend I'd go with her to INXS!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home