From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This is going to be a long week!

Monday I woke up feeling a little lousy, so I drank tons of water. I ran at lunch time, felt no better, felt no worse, felt very sweaty. It had hit 37C/99F. No idea what's going on with this summer here! It was all humidity. Blah.

So I had soup for lunch, because when it's insanely hot, I crave soup. CRAVE soup. Mmmm soup. Ok, I could eat soup everyday, but when it's really hot, I have to have it. So I did.

Steve and I went to the Bluesfest on the O-Train again. This time it was hot and muggy. I had a little panic attack just before we pulled out. I was still feeling queasy and I guess the claustrophobia of not getting off if I need to barf got to me. So I decided if I needed to barf, I was going to barf in my knapsack... just like WrayJean did once on her way to a trail marathon. Luckily it didn't come to that. We got to the end of the line, and ran for the bus that was arriving. I'm trying to get my bus tickets in (because the pay machine at the train was broken we rode 'free') and they were stuck to my sweaty hands. The driver is saying 'no no no'. Then I realized it was my neighbour :) I take public transportation what 6 times in 3 years and it's my neighbour who drives me. Just a nice man.

We got to the site and met up with my brother. We listened to Johnny Lang for a bit, then Steve and Pat hunkered down at the River stage to see Buddy Guy. Having seen Buddy Guy a few times already, I left for the Blacksheep stage to see Final Fantasy. I love Final Fantasy. One thing I didn't know was that Final Fantasy was in effect, one guy! I expected a string ensemble. Nope... just this young guy. Adorable really "you're all so sweet" he'd say between songs. Just wanted to put him in my still-clean knapsack and take him home. Anyway, he comes out and plays a few bars, all the while recording them on the repeater (or whatever it's called) so it keeps playing it and he plays something else, repeats that, and before you know it you have full sound.

I captured some with my camera... I was pretty far because I wanted to be where KT could find me when she got there after class.



In the background you can see 'Steph' making her 'little movies' to complement the music. She used an overhead projector overlaying and taking away hand drawn pictures and cut outs. It was pretty neat actually. When I told Steve he called it 'beatnik' LOL. Sadly, he didn't play Arctic Circle, my favorite. But the show was great nevertheless. So many people swaying with their eyes closed. So nice.

When his set was over we were met with the shock of Hedley. I'm not a fan of Hedley, but love the lead singer, who was I think top 3 in Canadian Idol a few years ago. He was in the band when he was on CI, so it's not a prefab group, though I'm sure his stint on the show gave them a huge push!

Today is a training off day, and I missed my walk because of work. My last class before my final is tonight, and was busy finishing an assignment due Thursday, so I was too late to make it to Bluesfest tonight. Too bad, I really wanted to see Los Lobos or George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars! I'll have to wait to hear all about it from the family tomorrow.

I intend to head down straight after work tomorrow - there are a lot of bands I want to see, the night ending with the Steve Miller Band. Ya I know, not blues, but it's the big acts that keep the festival afloat!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home