From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Road back

I've been sick. No idea what the illness is mind you. It started 10 days ago, something I ate really upset my tummy. I had 3 days of tummy and fatigue, and now only fatigue. It's BAD. Walking is too tiring.

KT and I were going to go biking on Sunday. I was thinking to myself "the way to feel energetic, is to do something energetic". By the time I got my bike shorts on I was seeing spots. Not good. I bailed on her :(. Yesterday I wanted to run, but ended up taking the car to the garage over lunch, which was just as well, as I felt like keeling over the whole time.

So today was the day. I had to run. I decided the treadmill was the best way to go due to time constraints and the sleepies. I ran a whopping 3km and really had to push it to do that much. I was hoping for 4. After walking 10 minutes I decided to pick up the pace again. Bah, no good. I had to hang in to the supports to not fall over, I was all over the place. Enough. I slowed the speed and walked the remaining time. Got 45 mins in. I could sleep. :(

Tomorrow I have a brick scheduled, but not feeling too positive. I hope I get my legs/head back soon.

Maybe I have what Lu has. He has been curled up in a corner all day, only coming down to drink or eat once in a while. Poor critter :(

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Jul 25, 2007, 1:48:00 PM, Blogger JoeInTX said...

So sorry you're not feeling well!! Hope you make a speedy recovery (pun intended)! :)

 
At Jul 25, 2007, 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon.

 
At Jul 27, 2007, 12:18:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

feel better! I hate when a bout of sickness makes you feel like you've lost fitness and all the base work you've put in. Hugs and chicken soup coming over the 'net!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home