From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, August 25, 2008

I had a great weekend! Went to my brother's girlfriend's BBQ on Friday night, it was a lot of fun. Nice people, her friends and visiting family! She's a keeper - makes the BEST dahl (dall?) I've ever tasted.

Saturday evening we were at my brother's for the August family birthdays. Since there are three with birthdays then, it's just easier for all to get together. It too was a lot of fun!

Sunday morning Steve was a little sore in the head (self-induced) and in need of a greasy breakfast so we checked out a new to us place, the Baker Street Café. I found out today their specialty is cinnamon buns. Didn't know that going in! I ordered eggs florentine, Steve had eggs benedict, and both were excellent. The plate was huge though, and I couldn't finish it all. Nice to have so much real fruit on the plate and not a slice of orange though! I wished I'd had my camera because I would have snapped a photo it was so pretty. Needless to say, there was no LSD yesterday!

So this morning was it, time to run that 16k. It was cool (14C/57F) and windy, but sunny. Brrr! We had a warm weekend and this was a bit of a shocker! The first km was tiring, and unfortunately, the top of my left foot hurt from the get go :(. And I felt really fat. My lungs felt good though! By 6k I was trying to run on my heel to take the pressure off the front of my foot. Needless to say, by the end of the loop (14k/88.6mi), both feet were hurting a lot, so I opted out of the extra 2k. I was disappointed, but as of right now, the feet aren't hurting much :). I also just visited a few health sites and all said that metatarsal breaks can be home diagnosed by pressing on the bones - if you want to pass out, get it checked out. If not, loosen your shoelaces! So my feet don't hurt at all when I press, tried squeezing, everything. So not that. But I did put speedlaces in a couple of months ago! dun dun dun.... I think they might be putting pressure on the area. Next run I'm going to loosen those suckers and see if it helps!

News on the job search - got a call on Thursday from a recruiter I'd never seen (but submitted my resume online to their company) and they had a VERY interesting opportunity they wanted to talk to me about. Not going to blog about it, because the systems involved you need to have the highest of security clearances to work on apparently. Sounds cool to me! I've been submitted and have my fingers crossed I'll be called for an interview.

Better hit the books! Today is a refresher on UML. Never had formal training, and found a great book/cd :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Aug 25, 2008, 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good luck with the job-- sounds like it could be pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home