From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weirdness!

So.... I got a contract!

I was submitted for a couple of opportunities before going to the cottage, but hadn't heard anything since, so thought they were not interested.

Found out on Tuesday that one still hadn't started their interviewing.

Got a call yesterday that they hired me. Ummm.... I've never interviewed with them?!? Not a problem, apparently they were wooed by my resume and references.

It's a little scary - what if we don't click? Oh well... I guess if we don't, at the 6 month mark, when re-negotiations begin for the remaining 12 months, we cut our losses!

This has renewed my faith in my former manager though... he IMd me last week saying he'd given a reference to some gov't lady who was going to hire me without ever meeting me. I thought he'd turned to substances ;).

Not sure when my start date is yet, should receive the contract today or tomorrow. Business Analyst Process Re-Engineering. It's like being a re-enactor. But different. ;)

Booyeah!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Aug 28, 2008, 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow, congrats! I hope you like the job, seeing as how you don't even know these folks.

You must have one heck of an impressive resume!

 
At Aug 31, 2008, 9:44:00 PM, Blogger Una said...

it is a little unsettling!

 
At Sep 1, 2008, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Congratulations! Yeah weird about the lack of interview, but I hope the next 6 months are full of good and useful experiences.

 
At Sep 3, 2008, 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Una said...

Thanks Karen :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home