From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Still on track

Ok, it's only been a few days, but that can be more than many other weeks!

Oh my god, brrr, it was so cold on the run! It was slightly below freezing, a little windy, but pouring rain. I was definitely underdressed. I was so cold, I pulled off my first 2k at 5:30/km (1:00 - 1:15 faster than normal pace). I didn't think I'd be able to maintain it, and I didn't try, I dropped my pace to 6:00/km until the turnaround, then another 30s for the next couple. In all the gps clocked 5.518km in 34:01 (6:09/km - my best pace in 2 years). I think the gps was off though (well I know the watch part was, and the data recorder seemed to capture the distance longer than the last time I did this patch) so using the last captured distance 5.306, I've still clocked my best pace (6:24/km). I'm happy :)

Swim class has changed slightly - I'm still with Jenna (last sessions instructor), since they've added 2 more instructors to allow for us in-betweeners. There are only 4 of us, and only 3 showed up. It was a great class, and we're all seeing progress. If only we could learn to breathe properly! In time... In all, happy with the 50 minutes in the pool.

Food:
Breakfast: 2 crumpets with Cheese Whiz Light, skim chocolate milk
Lunch: 2 bowls hot homemade soup
Pre-swim: Left over mashed potatoes with swiss chard.
Post-swim: The last of the leftover mashed potatoes with swiss chard, 2 veggie italian sausages (150 cals each, 2g of fat) on buns with lots of onions. Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home